Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Show Me What a Breakfast Bowl Looks Like -

This is what a breakfast bowl looks like!


(From a few days ago when I was feeling slightly more enterprising than my usual plain banana these days.)
Raw granola, watered down soy milk - we usually drink rice milk if anything so soy tastes pretty rich - and banana slices. Pretty simple, totally tasty. A mite hard to chew the granola chunks, though.


And...this is what dinner looks like tonight:


Steamed broccoli, sliced raw zucchini, mushrooms, cannelini beans, and tomatoes sauteed with onion, garlic (duh), fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes. I also tossed some chopped olives in for good measure, poured some (jarred) marinara sauce somewhere in there and topped the whole damn thing off with nooch. Booya.
All I need now is a huge bottle of wine.
I'm really glad you guys liked G's comic yesterday. He's working on some new issues with employee interviews, which should be cool. I've got a poem up on the website today.
Have a good night, everyone.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely poem, Maud! I feel the second stanza resonates with me the loudest! I hope to make it to NY again, and would definitely take a side trip to the Strand.

    Good lookin' meals, as usual! I wish that I liked cannelini beans, not sure what my problem is exactly! I've seen the raw granola in stores, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ingrid. I wish yr union the best of luck too. Teachers have it real hard.

      Delete
  2. Awesome poem! That is very cool that they have all of that on the site :)

    That is indeed what a breakfast bowl looks like! That looks delicious!! I think everyone had bananas for breakfast today, yum! Your dinner bowl looks really great too! Gotta love nooch. Sounds like you have a winning combo right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The site is actually run by an outside party. The official store site is rather quiet on the strike front.
      Bananas are a perfect fruit, so I'm not surprised everyone's enjoying them.

      Delete
  3. That granola looks really good, but I can see how those large chunks might be hard to eat as a cereal. Dinner looks totally wholesome and yummy, one of those meals that really satisfies.

    This Strand Book Store "uprising" is quite the grassroots movement, and I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I probably should have broken the granola up a bit first. Dinner was really delicious! G added pasta to his, because he's a bit more traditional, but it was just as filling without.

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I highly enjoyed G's comic. Huge bottle of wine - yup, I could always go for some of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass him your compliments :)

      Delete
  5. Forgive me if it sounds gross, but I like to let granola and soymilk sit in the fridge for, erm, quite a while, until it becomes a chilled, pasty glob of delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pasty globs! Will try that next time.

      Delete
  6. I prefer rice milk, too, and you're right- soy milk does taste pretty thick when you're not used to it.

    Cherry bilberry sounds like a very good combo.

    Now I've gotta catch up and read G's comic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you drink almond milk much? It tastes pretty similar to rice milk for me. The granola was great either way, though.
      Best of luck with your union (and non-union) situation and I am so happy for Wisconsin and their movements!

      Delete
    2. I adore chocolate almond milk, but haven't tried plain yet. I'll have to give it a whirl.

      The people really have come together in the state, which has been amazing!

      Delete
  7. I liked the poem. You and G have so much creative energy. I really admire that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.