Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, December 16, 2011

Soups

Miso soup with a lot of wakame, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, and red pepper flakes. I took a lot of photos of this one being all, "I can't make it not blurry!" but I think blurry is the nature of miso broth.

Steamed beet greens and carrot. Pumpkin soup (Veg broth, onion, garlic, and pumpkin puree) with nooch and rice.

Curry Red Lentil and Corn Chowder from Christy Morgan's Blissful Bites. I've had this cookbook for a while and this is the first recipe I've yet to make from it. I hope to cook a lot more from the book because there are some very inventive recipes in it and it's a beautiful book. This soup was both sweet and tangy and very comforting. It wasn't super spicy but my curry powder is mad old and as with most soups, the flavors will probably settle in a day or two.
Sorry for the silence of late, again. Things have been depressing and hectic but I hope to have some good stuff for you in the next few days. I've been in a bit of a cooking slump among other things and I think following a recipe from a book to the letter will reset my circuits. Hope you're all well.

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks really delicious! You don't need to apologize for not posting--post when you feel like it. We all already have jobs, right? This shouldn't be an obligation. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got soup going on! They all look really tasty and chock full of good stuff. I hope your slump is over...I've been so busy this last few days too, I haven't had any time for the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every now and again I need to follow a cookbook's recipe exactly, too. It's always inspiring and educational. I don't do it as often as I should! Even if the last little while has been crap for you, at least you've been eating soup. :) Most comforting food ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That corn chowder looks bangin'. I'm sending internet hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear things have been depressing. :( I'm taking a bit of a break myself from blogging for a few reasons.

    All of the soup looks great! I think food is one of the hardest things to photograph, for some reason. Especially soup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The miso soup look really delicious. I should try pumpkin soup, considering my affection for it!

    Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww hugs from me too! I'm sorry that things have been rough lately. It is that time of year when things should be nice but it turns out to be so stressful. Soup is a great choice because it really is so comforting and warming. The miso soup looks especially delicious!

    I hope things start to look up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a hugger. In real life or cyberspace. Plus Miso Soup practically screams 'Ohm' and 'Zen' and 'Namaste', so I don't want to hear your non-blogging excuses. That's why cats were invented, for when there's nothing to blog about.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.