Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fixing Food

Breakfast was leftover cranberry chia pudding.



I didn't want to say so but I was less than wowed with this yesterday. The cranberries were more than tart; they were bitter, though that was probably my problem for keeping them around so long. I also thought the dates were too chunky and therefore weren't well enough dispersed in the pudding to give a general flavor (also probably my fault for using a crap blender instead of a food processor.) Then there's my slight aversion to slimy foods. Still, I am not one to waste food and luckily this bowl was a lot tastier. The pudding had set and gelled even more, I added coconut flakes for both flavor and dryness, and an extra date chopped on top for a bit more sweetness. Also some powdered ginger. So, don't be afraid to play around with a recipe - we all have our personal tastes. I'm glad I gave the pudding another try because it's very healthy and filling.
Lunch was leftover beet greens with white bean mash (not so well mashed.)


An orange as a snack later. I can't tell if it was a huge orange or a small serving of greens.
Dinner was a massive salad. Extra tasty.



Spinach, roasted beets, boiled sweet potato, onion, avocado, tomatoes in a tahini sauce.
Have a good night, guys.

8 comments:

  1. Yum, more delicious, clean eats as usual! Sorry the pudding wasn't great but it seems like you changed into something new and delicious! It is always nice to change things to suit your tastes. Your veggies look fresh and vibrant and that orange looks delicious! I got oranges too and I'll probably eat one tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant eat too tart cranberries too.. i just chuck them into some baked goodies.
    love the spinach and roasted beets salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you added stuff to the pudding to make it more to your liking. I do the same kind of thing because I hate wasting food. Ginger makes such a difference in so many dishes. I love the stuff !

    Awesome looking salads, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your salads!!! THat is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by the cranberry chia pudding. I used to just drink OJ with chia seeds which was terrible. Your use of chia seeds sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Avocado/Sweet Potato Combo is not one seen often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VAVA, the orange looked good but it was actually really weird and dry. I may bake with the other one I bought. Yuck.

    Richa, I made cranberry muffins to hide the tartness and it just made really gross muffins!

    molly, I am a firm believer in ginger :)

    Stacy, thank you!!! That is all.

    Jesse, that sounds...interesting. Did you come up with that yourself?

    Shen, I think the avo and the sweet potato are two very different seasons, and that's why but I couldn't help it. Avos on sale for $1 a pop! And so creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your oatmeal and chia kind of looks like a painting...oatmeal-chia pudding art? I'd go to that exhibit.

    Your salads look delicious as usual.

    Merry Christmas Maud!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.