Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Eats About the House

Breakfast was two jars of almond butter. I licked one clean and just finished the other:

 Or maybe I compulsively jar hoard and use them to drink from. Water on the left, Oats in a Jar on the right.

With cooked steel cut oats, almond butter remnants, cranberry-apple butter, chopped banana, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Lunch salad with added roasted butternut squash and tahini dressing. I was at home all day crafting etc. so I also snacked on a bunch of raw pepitas and dried figs throughout the day. Oh and a pear. I have no idea how some of you keep yr caloric intake at 1500 for an entire day.

Dinner was quickly thrown together: spinach, more butternut squash, avocado, chickpeas, and garam masala, curry powder, and salt tossed on top. One of these days I'll get it together and make Ani Phyo's amazing sounding Kreamy Curry Dressing.


And dessert. Three of these Prune-Walnut slices, also via Trader Joe's. I've been really into dried fruit lately. I'm sure these little dudes are great "cheese companions" but I don't really care to find out. Nota Bene: they contain honey. I didn't notice that when I bought them but I have been eating them anyway. Waste not, want not. They are good though and I'm sure they'd be easy to make DIY, honey-less, if one were so inclined. They also contain lime juice, which is kind of interesting. If you're into lime juice, I guess.

15 comments:

  1. Garam Masala is a favorite spice - and I'm always looking for more ways to use it. Great idea to add a little to a spinach salad. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, the oats sound SO good! I love that you reuse your jars as glasses and bowls. The salad looks SO good! ANd I'm a big fan of dried fruit too but try to keep the intake down since the sugar is so concentrated. But it's nice as a sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reuse of the jars it's excellent. I love that one of them had oats , sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your affinity for drinking out of jars; it's so classy isn't it?

    Both your salads look yummy as usual, but the lunch salad looks especially delicious and satisfying.

    I like the look of that prune log too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calories? ha. I had my eye on those date slices at TJ's too. And I love oats in a jar. Especially chia oats, but you probably already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that you reuse your jars like that. More people need to do that!

    Roasted squash in a salad sounds divine and I love pepitas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always so jealous of how healthy you eat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the nutritious quality of your calories (or anyone's calories) is really what's important! All of your meals look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those date-walnut slices! And I bet they *are* awesome on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I jar and container hoard... It's a space consuming habit for sure!But you never know when a jar or container might come in handy! lol

    -Sophia
    http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I drink everything out of jars; it's classy!!!! You are truly the Mistress of Salads, and I would have thought that you ate fewer than 1500c/day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally with you on the 1500 calorie thing - Thankfully I'm not of a small stature and I can stick to my 2000ish. And we totally hoard glass jars too, they're just so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You licked a PB jar clean?! You must have a really long tongue! Even our pups cant do that.

    So when you stay home all day crafting, is there yarn and glue and glitter involved?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cranberry-apple butter sounds good! Did you make or buy it?
    I keep all my jars too. I used to drink out of them but for some reason I don't anymore....hmmm
    Your salads look good as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jesse, it was pretty good! I'd probably blend it into a sauce next time

    VAVA, tell me about it! I feel my teeth collapsing.

    Thanks, Ashley, it's an oldie but a goodie.

    Rose, especially classy when the paper label is slooowly peeling off ;)

    Nikki, chia oats will soon return to me!

    molly, that's one thing I DON'T need to buy, right?

    S&S, you can do it too!

    Ingrid, totally: nutrients win out over calories anyday.

    Jes, cross sections are fun anyway.

    Sophia, no joke!

    Stacy, I'm a snacker, most def. Those'll add up.

    Allysia, I'm tiny! 1500 is probably advisable for me but...whatever.

    Shen, NO GLITTER. NEVER GLITTER.

    michelle, it was TJ cran-apple butter, and very good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.