Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Samosa Potato Salad

Even though MoFo tired me out, it still had me wishing I had more days to showcase all the recipes I wanted to get to. I wanted to highlight a different blogger each day but there was definitely more than one appealing recipe on each blog! Then I realized that while MoFo was an inspiration, there is certainly no reason for me not to continue making more of the bloggers' recipes.
So, Hannah Kaminsky's Samosa Potato Salad:


I don't often eat potatoes anymore but I had some extras around from Sayward's Split Pea-Fennel Soup earlier in MoFo. I love Indian food and spices, but rarely make it despite how easy it (can be.) This meal was especially nice because samosas are delicious but the oily pastry crust doesn't always sit well with me. This was all of the tasty insides without any crust to get in the way.
Well spiced, easy to make, and filling. It also didn't hurt that most people will always have all the ingredients on hand. Peas in the freezer, be gone! Way, way better than any mayo-based salad in my opinon.
Thanks, Hannah. I do believe you've inspired a trend.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this — I missed the original on Hannah's blog, and I love samosas. Like you though, I'd rather just have the filling. Now I'm wondering why I never made just the filling before. Time to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this looks yummy! I agree, this sounds way better than mayo laden potato salad. Mayo always grossed me out before becoming vegan and I'm still not a fan. I don't eat a lot of Indian food but I do like samosas so this definitely sounds good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic, and you're right: I think I have all the ingredients on hand already. I might make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love samosas - but always feel guilty after chowing down on the fried shell. This is a great way to get all the flavors without the extra calories. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! A nice, simple, yummy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!! I've never liked mayo in potato salad, or mayo in general for that matter.

    Looks scrummy!! I agree: so many great recipes, so little time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I want some!!! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO much easier than stuffing samosas!!!! I am a virgin (well I JUST got deflowered last night) Samosa Maker and there is a learning curve!!!!!
    LOVE them so much. This looks like a quicker version of the same flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so good. I never would eat potato salad in my pre vegan days.... It always grossed me out too. I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you guys are all excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea. I'm late to the post, but wonder what the main course would be with this?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.