Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

MoFo, day 27: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Smoothie

Quickly, now, as I run out the door to the food pantry:
Breakfast was an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie smoothie from Kristin's site, another blog I've followed  on and off for a fairly long while now.


This was really delicious! I am still embracing the smoothie for breakfast most mornings (despite the slight chill creeping in) and this one was pretty substantial, with chia seeds, cashews, and rolled oats blended with a few other ingredients. The spices are subtle but nice.


If the smoothie looks a little green, it's because I added some Vega vanilla protein powder for extra satiety. And then extra raisins, just cuz.
Hmm...this smoothie post reminds me that I still need to try the Blueberry Muffin smoothie that Sarah and Ingrid both raved about. I'm on it! In...a couple days.

13 comments:

  1. i just bought a new bag of gluten-free oats and i know exactly what to do with them. good call on the addition of vega. i add a little protein powder to my smoothies so they hold me over longer as well. also - hooooray for extra raisins. huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had protein powder in my entire life, but it seems to be a logical addition to a fruit smoothie. I love breakfasts with dessert titles, especially when they taste like said dessert! Then when you're being healthy and stuff, it feels way more indulgent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so cold in the morning; I really admire that you can drink this glass of deliciousness without shivering. Try it heated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm all over this smoothie for breaky tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried blending oats into a smoothie — I'm such a smoothie traditionalist. I like fruit, almond butter and almond milk. Boring. Can you detect an oaty or slimy texture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This smoothie does look pretty fantastic. I was already drooling at the name, and I'm sure it lives up to it! Yes, please - do try the blueberry one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this looks amazing! I'm going to have to try it soon! And yes, the blueberry one is a must!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like my kind of smoothie! I'm going to have to try it out soon, before the winter creeps in & makes me cold all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't do cold in the AM anymore, but this looks great,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessy, there is so much to do with oats!

    Allysia, Vega is pricey but I think it's my favorite protein powder. And you're so right about tasty healthy treats. It's like why would I ever eat a cookie again if I can have this??

    Abby, the heat in our apartment is actually out of control lately! But a warm smoothie is intriguing...

    Shen, thank you! Are you still making smoothies with yr thingamajigger?

    Jess, awesome!

    Andrea, those work too. The oats are great in a smoothie, though. It does taste a little oaty but they make the smoothie thicker without being chalky.

    Ingrid + VAVA, I'll let you know what I think of the bloooobs.

    Molly, do it, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stacy, I was thinking of making another one for dessert, if that's any better for your chills...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The smoothie sounds great! I'm like you...I have a cup of hot tea or coffee in hand while I drink my smoothies. :o)
    I'm going to check out the blueberry muffin smoothie now, cause that sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.