Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

MoFo, day 26: Fettucine with Artichokes, White Beans and Kale

Poor G. He is already subjected to my hysterics, neuroses, and moods and then MoFo comes around and I force him to eat - and then eat leftovers! - according to my whims. I sent him a link to Jennifer's pasta with artichokes, white beans, and kale, simply saying, "You like all these things!" Poor guy probably just wanted a salad and an almond butter and jelly sandwich, and here I am reminding him what foods he likes. "I'm making this for YOU!"


Anyway, G made the much-desired salad while I cooked up some pasta. I don't normally eat pasta so I didn't want to buy more. Instead, we used a fun perciatelli that G had bought a while ago. It's like a thick spaghetti with a hole going through it. Or a Twizzlers pull n' peel section, if you will. The cooked pasta is poured on kale to wilt and the whole deal is tossed with artichokes, pre-cooked white beans, and a lotta garlic, then topped with an herbed almond-bread crumb mixture.
G liked it, but seems to think it could use some sauce. I thought there wasn't enough kale but, really, is there ever?

Do you have a favorite pasta shape?? I want to find some of those cute little stars and make a soup!

11 comments:

  1. This pasta sounds AMAZING. I'd probably switch out the kale for wilted spinach and add some sun-dried tomatoes. Star pasta sounds so cute! I don't know what the name of the shape is but I like those thick corkscrew shaped noodles. The one you have look almost like udon and i LOVE udon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with artichokes and garlic has me already. This really does look pretty good though.

    I don't eat pasta, but if I did, alphabet pasta would be my favourite alllll the way. I loved that as a kid. Except I would spend so much time making words that my food would get cold and I didn't want it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will eat your leftovers. That is not a problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm that pasta is calling my name! I never remember to cook with artichokes--gotta add 'em to my "yes!" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks fabulous! I absolutely adore artichokes yet use them so rarely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh....I miss pasta. Delicious, white pasta! The rice/wheat stuff just doesn't cut in, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't eat pasta a ton, but we do eat it. I would love this kind! The toppings & sauce sound perfect. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love all of the theme and fun shaped pasta. We saw snowman the other day that we're going back for. (Although my kids usually have to eat $1/box elbow macaroni from Dollar General.) I've never heard of the p kind before. Can you use it as a straw? You and G sound like quite a funny pair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Second VaVa -- Spinach would make more sense in terms of wilting under hot Pasta. Additionally, a Corkscrew-shaped Pasta would collect the Beans & Veggies in a more efficient manner for shovelling in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. VAVA, actually I had leftovers today and added more spinach and sundried tomatoes! You're right, it was awesome.

    Isobelle, too cute! I never ate the letter soup!

    Lauren, even if they're all gross in the mail by the time they get to you? Eww!

    Jes, yes! Artichokes are so awesome. I don't buy them often enough.

    Hannah, likewise.

    Stacy, the good stuff is all the kale and artichokes and beans, though!

    Molly, yeah, the crumb topping was surprisingly nice.

    Jenny, where did you see those? Just in the grocery store? Haha, believe me, I thought about trying to use them as straws.

    Shen, good point about the corkscrew pasta! I need people like you around to tell me things like that. Otherwise I end up with frickin perciatelli!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really looks delicious with lots of twists. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my Alcohol Training.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.