Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, October 21, 2011

MoFo, day 21: Ginger-Roasted Carrots with Mellow Miso Dressing

Today's recipe was so good I (over)extended it to two meals. Last night's dinner was sauteed kale with tomatoes and Ginger-roasted Carrots with Mellow Miso dressing from Sarah at My New Roots. She has a beautiful blog, is a wealth of information, and knows how to make some totally amazing meals.



I used normal-sized carrots as opposed to the sweet little ones Sarah found and cut them up...which kind of detracts from how pretty they could be but doesn't affect the taste. Zesting and juicing an entire orange is a little more work than I usually put into dinner, when I'm hungry and tired, but it came together pretty quickly. Despite the amount of orange zest, the predominant flavor in the carrots is the little bites of ginger, which are really, really nice.
While the carrots roasted (about 12 minutes,) I made the mellow miso dressing, which was the real highlight of the dish. It worked well with the sweetness of the orange and carrot. There is plenty left over of the dressing, which I look forward to eating on top of everything.
For lunch today, I brought a small salad with tempeh and leftover carrots.


The miso dressing was tasty here too, so I imagine it'd be a great marinade for tofu or tempeh.
Anyway, quick post, I know. G and I are going to go see a Jonathan Richman show tonight! Dancing shall ensue.

8 comments:

  1. Yum sounds delicious! Have a great time at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy food day! Hope you had fun at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I love Jonathan Richman. Have fun! Also, your carrots look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for carrots and miso! And kale! Super healthy and looking delicious. Hope you two had a fabulous time at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! He was great! Woot on the kale, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That actually does look good. Interesting choice not to cut the Carrots up into bite size pieces.

    The Modern Lovers. Aren't they a little before your time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Modern Lovers span centuries! They know no bounds! Plus...you have no idea how old we are.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.