Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Udon in Spicy Miso Broth, Bok Choy

After a long, annoying day at work, and a chilly walk home (okay, from the train, but still), there's nothing more soothing than a slurpable bowl of soup. And, of course, some greens.

 



As food multitasker extraordinaire, I slightly steamed the bok choy over the cooking udon noodles and boiling some separate water for the miso broth. The broth is just miso paste with a squirt of sriracha. I added chopped scallion, peeled carrot, and tofu cubes on top of the noodles. The bok choy was still crisp, though cooked a bit. Seasoned with red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and a splash of soy sauce. Cheers.

8 comments:

  1. This meal is so up my alley! This is such a beautiful dish, and now I really want some bok choy! Definitely have to add it to my grocery list for the week. What kind of miso do you use? I always get so confused because there are so many kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO jealous!!!! Have Indian food in the slow cooker started, but that's 4 hours away!!!! Love Bok Choy and Udon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read "spicy miso soup" I just thought: oh yeah!! I've never tried making it with a little kick, sounds good and it all looks super satisfying, healthy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, mine too, apparently. It really hit the spot. Bok Choy is so great but I rarely pick it up. I use organic white miso because it's supposed to have the mildest taste.

    Get Skinny, that's the problem with slow cooking; it's sooooo slooowww ;)

    Thanks Elisabeth. Classic, I think.

    Rose, adding red pepper flakes is good for a kick too; I just have so much sriracha to use up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! Sounds perfect for a rainy cool day like we are having today. If only I had some miso.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make that sound so quick to put together, multitasking and all. I love bok choy, yours looks great with the red pepper flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why not just mix the bok choy in with the soup? Save a bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.