Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chia Pudding, Greens, Bars, and MoFo Prep!

Surely I can't be the only person obsessed with chia pudding after seeing all that Vida Vegan Con coverage, right? Apparently I see a picture of glop and think, "Hey, I could make that!" All recipes I found make 2-4 servings and I thought I did the math correctly to reduce it for one, but this was a little thinner than all the photos make it seem.


Still good, though. I didn't add any sweetener, just soaked goji berries and banana. And cinnamon on top.
Went to the food pantry and handed out potatoes, beets, and acorn squash! Can't wait to see the squashes come back to the farmers markets!
This was my packed lunch and snack, eaten at my desk at work:


Superfood Slam ProBar, which Lacey got me hooked on. They are expensive but they're all really good. I've tried four different flavors so far. And salad: romaine, baby spinach, zucchini, shredded carrot, onion, mushroom, and bell pepper with chickpeas tossed in, if you're counting.
I also had an orange later in the day.


Steamed kale, zucchini, and orange pepper with tempeh in a tahini-sriracha sauce for dinner.
Dessert was one of Sarah's treats.


Yom.
AND for those of you who haven't heard yet, Vegan MoFo is in October this year! That's only two weeks away! Here's the sign-up if you're interested. For my theme I'm planning on making other bloggers' recipes. I do have a fair amount bookmarked myself, but I'd love to find some new blogs or something I've missed and kick off MoFo with a boost of community and a giveaway. So send me some recipes to recreate! It can be a breakfast, lunch, snack, entree, dessert, or anything. I'll pick 3 of your suggestions to add to my list and if I make a recipe you forwarded over, I'll mail you something fun. Deal? Deal!

12 comments:

  1. Whoa! I had no idea MoFo was in October this year! I need to sign up but I don't have a theme...is that bad? lol The chia pudding looks yummy, what do goji berries taste like? Yummy salad and dinner and yay for chocolate! I've been craving it like crazy lately, I need to find me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to sign up for MoFo but I have no idea where to find the feed address? Do you know where I can find it? i'm so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of that pudding, something about all those little seeds makes it strangely appealing. I too am anticipating cheap winter squash by the pound as the harvest comes in...or at least cheap-er.

    I think October is a way better month for MoFo than Nov. I love your theme, really brilliant and totally in the spirit of MoFo. I don't think I'm doing it this year...I did it in 09 and last year...I think I'll just be cheering from the sidelines this year and looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, looks good! I make chia pudding all the time to eat in the morning! I usually soak about 1/4 cup of chia in two cups or so of water for an hour and then I add sweetener and blueberries. That's my favorite way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! You're doing MoFo too! My theme is going to be raw vegan Fall inspired recipes. Lotsa' pumpkin & apples, woohoo! I'm spending some time planning for it today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be the only vegan blogger who hasn't tried chia seeds yet. I've seen them but just haven't busted out the dough yet for them. I think next time you make the pudding, make it for two, and if G doesn't want any, then you either have a massive portion or leftovers. Win-win either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I just found out yesterday about MoFo! Holy shiz! I'm glad it is in Oct this year. Too much "Thanksgiving" stuff last year. There should really be two a year (one in fall, one in spring).

    Anyway, if you're down, here are 2 of my posts from last year's MoFo:

    http://yourmomsavegan.blogspot.com/2010/11/roasted-garlic-grilled-cheese-sandys.html
    and
    http://yourmomsavegan.blogspot.com/2010/11/me-and-acorn-squash-down-by-schoolyard.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made any chia puddings yet. I've seen several recipes that I want to try though. Yours sounds great!
    I can't decide whether I want to do vegan mofo this year or not. It's hard for me to blog every day. hmmmm...decisions...decisions. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. VAVA, you don't need a theme. It seems like the biggest point is just to post as often as possible, which I think you have a handle on :)

    Rose, agreed! They are so cute!

    Carissa, thanks. I'll have to try that.

    Nikki, that's an awesome theme. Maybe I'll try to make some of yours! The planning is almost as fun as the doing.

    BM, you should try them! They're fun.

    Jes, you found out just in time! Thanks for the links, the acorn squash one sounds especially good.

    Leslie, yeah! Also, saying MOFO a lot is fun.

    Michelle, it can get kind of stressful but it doesn't have to be a huge blowout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought Vegan MoFo was always in October? Oh well, glad to see Chia Seeds rather than Oats.

    Looks like you got one of Sarah's "dented" & "dinged" aka "floor model" Truffles. All mine are perfectly round.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're enjoying your chia pudding. I love it. But I just throw some seeds in a cup with almond milk and let it sit in fridge for an hour. And usually chop up berries in it. It's one of those things I talk about the whole time I'm eating it. "This is so good...man, this really hits the spot...etc."

    I'm looking forward to MOFO!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.