Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What to Eat When There's Nothing to Eat

More of the same, that's what. Use up whatcha got.
Breakfast:


Overnight oats, chia seeds, banana, Four Fruits preserves.
Then I went to the food pantry and honestly yelled at an old lady because she was getting grabby with the zucchinis. Cherry-Cashew Pure bar at work.
Lunch was leftover steamed spinach, sweet potato, and turnips with zucchini and scape dip from yesterday's dinner but I'm not sure that was an entirely good idea because I smelled intensely like garlic for the rest of the day. That was awkward.
I had planned dinner to be more crudite with scape dip (can I say it again?) and miso soup but G was hungry too and I made something more meal-like and less random-snacky:


More red cabbage salad with tomato, avocado, raw corn and dry-fried tofu cubes with some hot sauce.
Actually the best thing about having cabbage in the fridge is that you'll never have nothing to eat. A cabbage is forever.

Hey, PS - one more day for the giveaway! Find something to celebrate!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me! When I had nothing to eat I ate dandelions in spring, berries in summer, mushrooms in fall and snow in winter. I survived :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a creature of habit too (obviously haha) but your dinner looks so good! That salad looks great I'm going to definitely have to make myself a batch of that! Looks like a perfect summer recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear on the cabbage. It grows when you shred it! The salad looks good - I must have missed that the first time around. I love raw corn, especially when it's straight off the stalk. (you know, fresh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer to munch on a Lara Bar after yelling at destitute old folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cabbage is forever...and much more useful than diamonds.

    I think I reek of garlic all the time, personally think everyone should.

    Your dinner looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alessandra, is that true?? Did you scavenge? That's quite commendable. And amazing.

    VAVA, I love the raw, fresh crunch of summer vegetables!

    Jessica, it's a good thing cabbage is so tasty. And corn so sweet.

    Shen, I get snippy when my blood sugar's low! And she was being rude!

    Rose, definitely. Diamonds are a bit rough on the teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I get snippy when my blood sugar's low too - but it seems grams needs to pick one zucchini and call it a day! I love the idea of adding preserves to oatmeal - it makes so much sense and I've never tried it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.