Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weird Lentil Dinner

Everything I ate today was boring. I had a banana, blackberries and rye bread for breakfast, an orange as a snack, a Pure bar and a salad for lunch, then some baby carrots and a few sips of kombucha. I felt very weird all day - my allergies are causing migranes which are in turn causing nausea and I went back and forth between intense hunger and not wanting to eat anything.
But when I got home I was really hungry. I had plans to eat leftover salad and soup but figured they could wait. I used up some leftover cooked lentils instead to make a lentil salad.


This is cooked brown lentils, chopped carrot, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and celery topped with some Trader Joe's pineapple salsa I had in the fridge. This was surprisingly good. The salsa was a little sweet, so I added hot sauce (also to help with congestion) and it really hit the spot. I can actually see myself deliberately making this again, perhaps with the addition of chopped onion, as opposed to a last ditch leftover lentil effort.
Any surprise leftovers triumphs in your kitchens lately?

5 comments:

  1. Almost all my triumphs come from whatever is in the fridge! Allergy season is definitely upon us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soemtimes the meals we throw togethere with a bit of this and a bit of that are the most tastiest.

    Hope your allegies are not too much of a hindrance. This morning I woken up with a stinky cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a yummy healthy soup this week out of the contents of untold numbers of ziploc bags from the freezer and fridge. It felt very triumphant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allergies/Migraines/Nausea...Such a whiner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee, you must have a very fresh and well kept fridge.

    Mangocheeks, I think it's the element of surprise that makes us so happy with it.

    Leslie, I hope they were labeled and not fuzzy!

    Shen, thanks, I'm feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.