Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring Soup

Like so many of you, I am thrillllled (with a trill) it is asparagus season. I am happy with all the green sprouts everywhere and I am glad the earth is thriving. Spring also tends to bring a lot of rain and after a walk outside today, succeeding in completely soaking my right foot (I think I might need new shoes), I had only one thing on my mind: spring soup.
It isn't exactly what I was imagining it being - and it doesn't help poor un-photogenic soup's cause that it's BROWN and not green - but it warmed and filled me up. I had a salad and a homemade biscuit on the side.



The soup had onion, veg broth, thyme, oregano, black pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, green peas, spinach, and a bit of lemon juice. At the very end I stirred in about a tablespoon (all I had left) of some pesto (garlic, walnuts, basil, spinach, salt, nooch, olive oil).
The biscuits were my go-to from The Joy of Vegan Baking, with a little less oil and 1/3 cup fine cornmeal subbed in for flour.

8 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks like a delicious, nutritious soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup sounds great! I really like the idea of adding pesto to it, I bet it made is nice and tasty. It looks perfect for a rainy day with all those chunky vegetables. "thrilled" with a trill...cute!...that made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pee must have smelled wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be honest and say that looks so gross! Lol! But it sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asparagus season = yay!! I'm bouncing off the walls in excitement over here - and glad to know that I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like Swamp Thing could've lurking in the bottom of that bowl. "Swamp Thing want a biscuit?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup sounds great, and I need something like this today to warm me up. I am about to FREEZE! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone, for your honesty at least! Haha maybe next I'll attempt a raw spring soup to keep the vibrancy intact.

    Joe, like fresh spring showers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.