Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cookbook Club 3.2: Sweet Chili Lime Tofu

From Lauren Ulm's Vegan Yum Yum.


With collard greens and quinoa.
This was really, really tasty. I've said this before, but I rarely do much to tofu beyond cutting it straight out of the container into my salads but I always love the results when it's pressed, seasoned, and cooked.
This tofu was actually dry-fried and the whole recipe contains no added oils or fats! It is just straight up delicious. The lime flavor wasn't super prevalent but the marinade for the tofu was great: soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, lime juice, and maybe a few other things I can't remember.
The collards were simply cooked with lime juice and a little salt. It had been a long time since I've cooked them! Apparently they're good for things other than wraps.
The quinoa had lime zest in it also AND cinnamon and cardamom!
I ate the leftovers today, cold, for lunch and it was still good. I appreciate that this was a pretty easy dish to make, as well. I was a little rushed because I wanted to have it finished before G had to leave but I was worried unnecessarily (will I ever stop that?) It probably took under an hour to pull all the components together. I would definitely make this again.

8 comments:

  1. Yummy! This is my kind of dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the recipe title sounded familiar. I think she blogged about this recipe too. Sounds great...lots of lime! After both you and Jessica posting about this dry frying method with the tofu, I have to try it soon.

    Worrying unnecessarily?... I come from a family of worriers..it's a challenge, but you're young, there's hope. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This meal looks delicious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe from The Vegan Yum Yum blog made me fall in love with Lauren. I always add lime zest to the marinade as well. Loooooooooooove it. love love love. I'm making this tonight, i have collars and quinoa and tofu. All I need is some mint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this meal sounds fantastic. I think I'm going to have to buy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful meal! It sounds amazing! I think I have this cookbook in my wish list at Amazon.com. I'm going now to double check that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elisabeth, lunch and dinner and lunch again!

    Rose, I must have missed a lot of stuff on her blog. I'll have to go back through it! I hope you didn't catch your family's worriesomeness.

    Shen, why thank you.

    Lacey - I forgot to say, that was one of the best parts! I used mint right from my own plant!

    Jennifer, it seems like a great book so far - which is NOT to say healthy! But they are definitely impressive and tasty.

    Michelle, I hope it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also a slice-and-serve tofu kinda person on most days, since high-quality tofu really is quite tasty with little adornment, but this sounds like a really tasty change of pace. Something to remember next time I'm thinking bean curd!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.