Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, May 27, 2011

All About the Lunch

I actually took a photo of the pumpernickel bread with almond butter and raw honey and my banana this morning but the picture didn't come out. I'm sure you'll live without seeing my breakfast.
Lunch was delicious! Last night I was apparently feeling masochistic and turned on the oven in the heat to roast some asparagus. I also made a quick orzo salad into which I threw in a bunch of fresh basil that was also wilting, and followed some tips from Renae and froze the rest of it. Anyway, lunch was the orzo salad (orzo, basil, sundried tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper) with chopped zucchini, chopped carrots, and the roasted asparagus over mixed greens. Delicious and filling.


On break I picked up some groceries - among other things, strawberries for the Sarah Kramer month of May recipe and cherries! I couldn't help myself. They were expensive but I had to. Is there any fruit or food you particularly splurge for?
Dinner was the last of the white-bean escarole soup from the dinner party and a salad (heavy on the beets, you can see).


Dessert was another HH chocolate-carrot muffin and DUH cherries. I hope I still have some come Monday for a real Memorial Day treat. Oh and beer. Of course, beer.
What are your plans for Memorial Day? I'M going to do laundry! Jealous?

3 comments:

  1. OMG that orzo salad looks AMAZING. I need to make that. Do you think it'll be as good with brown rice or quinoa? I need to make it gluten free. The soup looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally splurge for cherries or really good berries...last week I spent $7 on farm market strawberries! I felt guilty but they were soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VAVA, it would probably be better replicated with brown rice than quinoa, since it's stickier and more robust. Let me know if you make it!

    Dianne, once summer comes around I am all over all kinds of berries!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.