Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, April 22, 2011

Raw Week, Day 5

Try not to be too jealous of my foods today:


Warm lemon water to wake my cells up while I waited for G to wake up.
I took immense pleasure in the breakfast smoothie.


Spinach, mango, banana, kiwi, lemon, ginger, water to blend. This made a lot and I gave some to G.
I worked on some stuff for a bit but felt pretty sick. I'm glad I took the day off. I laid down and napped for about an hour maybe. When I got up, it was time to go to church. I'm doing this cleanse/fast/whatever to clean myself up and really go strong on the last days of Lent to understand what Jesus was struggling with for 40 days out there in the desert. Also, because I'm a little crazy and enjoy pushing myself too far sometimes. However, I am also a human and all I could think about in church was how much my head hurt and how I just wanted a banana. Cry me a river, I know.
I picked up an outfit for Sunday after church and when I got home, had more tomato juice mixed with nooch and cayenne.


Now I think I'm going to eat the banana and give some serious thanks. Tomorrow will most likely be back to solid foods, but still raw.
If you're celebrating, what are you all planning on making for Sunday? I'm still sort of on the fence about the dessert I want to make.

9 comments:

  1. thats a pretty serious reasong for this raw fast you are doing. im so glad that you you can tell us. loved the beginning of this post:) you are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch a passion play and eat some fish sticks, you nut. Who are you tryin' to impress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you get the urge to listen to Jesus Christ Superstar at this time each year? I do. Or, is it just my generation of Catholics?

    Good work on your raw and liquid diets.

    Sunday, we're having some cashew cream-basil pesto pasta, veggies, salad, and pineapple...I think my mom's making a strawberry pie for dessert.

    What's your Sunday menu? I'm looking forward to that post to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you are keeping in mind the reason for what you are doing. Everyone seems to be dress shopping. I'm just going to wear an old thing and hope no one notices. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drinks look delicious. Remind me what nooch is again. I know it has to do with nutritional yeast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock!!! I have cut gluten out of my diet this week (except I realized after the fact that the queso had flour in it), and that was hard enough. I'm very proud of you for sticking with it for such seemingly noble reasons.

    I am going to make gf muffins for breakfast tomorrow and a fruit tray in the shape of a cross. Ryan has requested roasted vegetables for lunch. That's all I know, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, when I get serious, I mean business! (Said in a not so serious voice)

    Rose, I never saw Jesus Christ Superstar but I did rent the Last Temptation of Christ on Netflix! Your menu sounds really nice and fresh! I'm making a few dishes to bring to the fam - I hope to have pictures up afterwards.

    Blessed Mama, I'm sure with all the delicious food you're bound to make, no one will notice the dress at all.

    Aimee, nooch is nutritional yeast...I just get too lazy to type it out all the time :)

    Jenny, cutting out gluten is pretty tough too, especially when it sneaks up on you in random ingredients. Good for you! I definitely want to keep pretty high raw; it feels so good. Fruit and roasted vegetables are a pretty perfect menu themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pretty much had that same smoothie again this morning...minus the kiwi. :o)
    I ate a salad for lunch on Easter. I took a salad to our get together and that's all that was there that I could eat...ha

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.