Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Raw Week, Day 2

Better than yesterday, when I mostly stuffed myself with dried fruit (seriously, I ate raisins, goji berries, dates, figs, and apricots!). Days off usually are like that. I really admire those of you who don't eat every second that you're bored.
Breakfast was a banana (no pic, cuz duh) and a small mixed handful of trail mix-y stuff: goji berries, raisins, pumpkin seeds.


I snacked on an apple around 11:30 and lunch was the raw no-tuna from Raw Food Made Easy over romaine and arugula and a buncha tiny tomatoes.


I like that recipe a lot because it's easy and quick, and as with a lot of raw recipes, it's more of a guideline than actual directions. I added nori and raw chopped leeks instead of onion. After lunch I had a Raw Revolution 100 cal. Cashew and Spirulina bar.
And dinner was just an easy salad to use up some stuff in the fridge.


Romaine, spinach, broccoli, more leeks, red pepper, cucumber. With balsamic, lemon juice, nooch, and black pepper. Also a small forkful of the raw slaw. Dessert was more trail mix (gojis and raisins).
And...I feel good!

11 comments:

  1. loved the ending "i feel good" that made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had goji berries! I would love to try them, but they're like $20/lb at my store! All your eats look super yummy, especially that no-tuna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are doing a raw week. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should look at that raw no-tuna recipe. It looks awesome in that salad. These last few posts have inspired me to eat more raw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not be able to stop at that small handfull of trail mix. :o)
    The raw no-tuna is next on my raw list to make.
    I'm so glad that you feel good...that's the best part! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The raw no-tuna sounds interesting. I'm definitely going to check it out. Glad to hear you're feeling good! With all the heatlhy raw food, you'll be walking on air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your raw stuff looks pretty good. But, tell me, did you eat your handful of trail mix bit by bit, or did you open wide and throw the whole bunch in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fresh! I just stuffed my face with cookies and now I feel all gluttonous and inadequate! :P

    Sad kitteh says hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, you must know how it feels, then!

    Jess, I'm a little on the fence about them. I got a pretty small bag for about 8 dollars, but they have an intense taste so a little goes a long way. I also only like them mixed with juicier foods, so that keeps me from eating too many of them. I would definitely not buy them for $20!

    Bitt, I am!

    Jennifer, I really like this one. It's sunflower seed based, but I think there are other ways to do it.

    Michelle, it helps that I have tiny hands :)

    Rose, I hope you enjoy the raw tuna too.

    Blessed Mama, hah, I actually pick at it bit by bit...I probably nibbled a little before I took the pic.

    River, I want to say hi to that horse! And if I had cookies like yours around, I would definitely do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you didn't say you were going 100% raw, but I get all confused by raisins and other dried fruits. Explique Sil Vous Plait,i.e., what's that about?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shen, good point. I kind of was intending to do 100% raw (minus condiments like nooch). I know at least the figs and dates were sun-dried but you're right - most of the other fruits probably weren't. In any case, I ate too many of them to be healthy anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.