Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Raw Week, Day 1

Breakfast:


An actually green smoothie, this time around. Spinach, 1 frozen banana, 1 kiwi, lemon juice, ginger, and a squirt of agave. Also, a few figs...
I cleaned for a while and found more cat shenanigans.


This turndown service does not come with mints. Mostly because cats can't eat chocolate anyway.
Then my best brother came and picked me up to drive into the city to get a desk G and I had bought. I AM SITTING AT IT RIGHT NOW WHOOOAA and I'm gonna be mad productive. Starting tomorrow. What better way to thank him for his help (really, thanks, Will) than to feed him? He had some of the leftover Spring Lima Bean salad from yesterday and I made Sarah Kramer's April calendar recipe to go with it. It just so happened that the recipe was raw, so I chowed down too on her Raw Slaw, made with grated sweet potato, carrot, and apple and mixed with nuts and raisins. My brother actually seemed to like this. I thought it was good but it was a little bland for me. Maybe it'll improve after sitting for a while.


I ate it over some spinach and arugula.
Had this Amazing Greens bar for a snack not long after:


Dinner was more Raw Slaw, not so much because I didn't make anything else - I have soaked nuts I might blend up for raw vegan tuna tomorrow - but I wasn't too hungry and didn't feel like eating anything else.


I added lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt and topped it with more raw sliced leeks and it was better. Red pepper on the side (on top, really). Hannah really got me going on raw leeks! (Not least because now I have three leeks to use up in the fridge) They're good and less of a bite than raw onion, which I also might throw into this slaw next time. I guess I like it for how adaptable it is, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. good for you! an all raw day is hard. love dried figs. AND i love that cat! its probably one of the cutest ive ever seen, so much personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather find a cutie like your kitty under the covers than a mint any day.

    Shredded raw sweet potato and raw leeks sound really good, I'm going to have to try asap.

    Enjoy your new desk! Having the proper work resources can make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cat pic! I think I need to do a raw food week too, Maud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put ginger in my smoothie this morning too. It was the first time I used fresh ginger and it was good!
    I need to get back to eating more raw foods....I feel so much better when I do.
    Your cat is sooo cute!
    Yay on the new desk. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have a high raw week, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dagnabbit! I wanted to make the Raw Slaw first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michelle, I'll let my kitty know you approve :)

    Rose, I would love to mix the raw sweet potato and raw leeks. And yes! The desk is like a whole new world!

    Aimee, I bet you'd have some really tasty food on your raw week.

    Michelle, yeah I liked the ginger a lot! Definitely will do it again.

    Jenny, with this weather, it's probably perfect timing.

    Shen, Bianca made it first, I think. I don't remember what she said but let me know what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.