Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Testing is the Best...ing

Before my super-delicious dessert, my super-amazing lunch!
Marinated kale salad with avocado, chopped red pepper, avocado, red onion, red pepper flakes, salt, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, topped with white beans.


And tonight's dessert, again brought to you by the upcoming Urban Vegan cookbook: Sesame Seed Cookies!


These were amazing, seriously. They were a little messy to make but who cares! They remind me a little bit of lace cookies in their delicacy and crispness, but bring a ton of sesame flavor and a good crunch. Greg gives it his serious seal of approval, forbidding me to bring them in to work to share with our coworkers!

9 comments:

  1. lol,(what Greg said:)) im going to try marinating kale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salad looks awesome. Best one I've seen you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM...that salad looks awesome. I had a salad for supper last night, but yours puts mine to shame! I need to try one with kale!

    The cookies look great also! Guess what was passed out at work today....Girl Scout cookies. OMG, the thin mint cookies are taunting me. I need your thin mint cookie recipe...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous salad. I've been wanting to make sesame seed cookies lately...looks like you took car of that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kale salad looks like a delicious super bomb of nutrition and goodies. I love the sound of those cookies too; I've always loved those little sesame cracker things that are sesame seeds in sort of a candy brittle...sesame brittle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kale salad looks awesome. What is it marinated in? And what's the creaminess in the dressing--mashed avocado? I love sesame seeds so would love those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle and Veggie Burgher - the marinade was olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and a little agave. Yup, the creaminess you see is just mashed avocado.
    Thanks, Shen - who'da thunk a bunch of vegans would go so crazy over a salad?
    Michelle - now that you passed your first kale fears, you DO have to try this! PS the thin mints recipe is in Vegan Cookie Connoisseur by Kelly Peloza, I can't take credit for it - but I'll email you the recipe if you want!
    Aimee, I think you should still make them :)
    Rose, yeah, it's very much like those sesame brittle things (If we're thinking of the same thing). I didn't used to like them, but I guess my tastes have matured. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, I like cookies, both crunch and chewy! That salad looks really good. Kale is one of my top five favorite foods, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, sesame cookies sound right up my alley. Glad you are keeping them for yourselves - I hope no co-workers are reading about what they're missing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.