Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two Classy Lunches

Leftover Roasted Vegetable salad from the lunch/dinner party. The croutons are the last of the homemade foccacia, toasted. Topped with nooch, balsamic vinegar, and pepper.



On the side, I stuffed a few mushroom caps with garlic hummus and dashed paprika on top.



And yesterday's leftover lunch, all dolled up: Spinach, chopped red pepper, black beans, sliced olives, wild rice. Really fresh. Topped with nooch and a little hot sauce.

7 comments:

  1. aw those little mushroom are so sweet, i like your dressing idea. you would never think you are making all this from a NY apartment kitchen. my grandma lived in brooklyn and they are small! but you really use what you have.*puts me to shame*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Michelle. The mushrooms are cute, aren't they? I think that's part of why I like them so much. We actually lucked out with our kitchen - it doesn't have much counter space but it's pretty big.
    Now get cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one good looking salad! And those little mushrooms...how cute! I love small foods like that. For some reasom small foods taste better to me...I know, that's crazy. Great idea about stuffing the little shrooms with the hummus. I'll have to try that...sounds very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The salad looks super delicious! And the stuffed mushrooms are darling...such a great idea! It all looks super healthy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great, I love all the vegetation! I hope all is going well since you guys keep ending up in the snow this year.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, the salads were very nice and all the happier for the shroomies on the side. I like little pop-em type food!
    And thanks Ali, the vegetation brightens up the slush and grey outside :) I hope you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.