Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, December 16, 2010

When Life Freezes Your Lemons

Not many posts lately; I've been pretty busy with holiday presents and other stuffs aka PLANNING A PARENTAL DINNER PARTY AHHHHH. Also my food has been ugly (though delicious) and repetitive. I even ate out two lunches this week! (Cucumber-Avocado brown rice rolls, cheap at only $3.50 for 8! and this same pizza for only 4 bucks if you can believe it.)
Greg got vegetables to make a salad the other day but put them in the freezer at work because there was no room in the fridge and a few things sort of...disintegrated. LETS JUST SAY I'm working on a lettuce soup recipe. Some vegetables fared better than others, but to swoop in before anything rotted, I chopped up the red pepper, the broccoli, and a parsnip that was going to wilt anyway and roasted them with a little olive oil, salt, thyme, and rosemary.


When I last left you, I had just made Quinoa-White Bean and Kale stew. There was still kale leftover from that and since the oven was roasting away anyway, I rubbed the kale with some olive oil, cayenne pepper, and nutritional yeast. They made the kale chips pictured here, of which I ate almost the whole baking sheet's worth. How are they so delicious??


Since then, lunches have been the roasted vegetables topped with tahini, red wine vinegar, and mustard. Really tasty.
Dinner tonight was a similar sauce: tahini, mustard, and nooch over spinach and boiled sweet potatoes. Happy.

3 comments:

  1. you make kale chips sound so easy. planning a dinne for the prentals...lol werent we jsut talking about that? lol our biggest stressor! hope all that goes well, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so easy! The only thing you have to watch is so that they don't burn - they cook really quickly.
    And yes, this is the true test of my baking capabilities...Ahhhhh parents Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple dinners, those are the best!

    ah yes parents. I have never actually had my parents over for dinner. well, not just them , they have been to bbqs here but never for an all vegan meal.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.