Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mo-Fo Ten, Tempeh and Veg

I was going to title this, "Mo-Fo Ten: We signed with a pen" but I don't think I need to get that lame. Anyway, we signed the lease on a place today (but have you SEEN the kitchen??) so that is happy.
We were both pretty ready to eat by the time we got back but I guess wanted something a little more special (that's warranted, right?) than the usual slap a sandwich together and salad on the side.
With what we had in the refrigerator, we ended up with chopped spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, green beans, cauliflower, and tempeh which I threw into a pan with chopped garlic and vegetable broth. Everything was braised until the spinach reduced, and meanwhiles I threw in salt+pepper, paprika, and a little bit of cayenne pepper.



It was pretty good. It was an off-the-cuff thing, whereas the tempeh probably would have been a little better marinating for a while first, but whatever. Also I wish some spices were more pronounced, but it was tasty and filling. Oh! Also, in that photo you can see that my Sarah Kramer Go Vegan 2011 calendar has arrived from VegNews. I had originally only intended to get the digital holiday cookbook (and corresponding cookie book DUH) as tipped off by Hannah but Bianca always raves about the Sarah Kramer calendar recipes (and I love calendars), so I figured I'd pick one of those up too.
However, I'm not quite as patient as Bianca is, and had to flip through the calendar to see the recipes already. Only 2 months early, what?

Anybody else have any happy vegan purchases/presents lately? Oh and don't forget to enter the cookbook giveaway. If you want.

2 comments:

  1. I got the Sarah Kramer calendar last month, but I will not open it until January 1st! Apparently, I'm supposed to be getting some vegan magazines soon. I assume I'll think of them as presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have flipped through to the see the recipes too. Why wait? ;-)

    I picked up "Get Healthy Go Vegan" by Dr. Barnard a few weeks ago. Now I need to find time to read it, LOL. Life at our place is crazy this month.

    enjoy your weekend,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.