Taken from Lindsay, though I may have seen this and/or done one like this before.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Pacific Unsweetened Almond Milk. The Vanilla one is great too. Though for baking I like to use Trader Joe's Unsweetened Essential Soy milk.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
- Seitan sausages - Pumpkin pasta and - I don't know, give me some ideas!
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Nooch and cayenne
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Pumpkin Pie Brownies for Thanksgiving last year and the "chickpea dish" that was mostly garlic...
5. Favorite pickled item?
Well, pickles. If I could be sure that kimchi was vegan, I'd say that, though.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
In a Brooklyn apartment, trash is the only viable option.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Spinach, tempeh, apples
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Eating creamed-chicken (I know) pasta in the front doorway on a hot summer evening with the wind blowing in.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
I've really only had Toffuti Cuties. They are good.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Hot pepper flakes
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Personally, Vegan with a Vengeance
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Seedy unsweetened raspberry or apricot
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
I'm betting our lasagna would be a winner.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tempeh, actually, though I don't use it enough.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Late afternoon, so I have time to make a nice dinner and a baked good to follow!
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Microwave, oatmeal, red wine vinegar (does that have to be refrigerated?), a few baking dishes, cooking oils, cereal, tin foil, plastic wrap, parchment paper, sandwich bags, bags of dried lentils, beans, and grains, and a basket filled with linens and bread crumbs :)
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
ground flaxseed, white chocolate chips, and frozen pie crusts
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Apples + bananas, chard and fennel, chickpeas, garlic, garlic powder, onion, tomatoes.
21. Favorite grocery store?
I love wandering around Whole Foods for variety but my heart lies with Tony's Natural in Bed-Stuy for bulk nutritional yeast and Caribbean tunes. Oh I also love Rachel's in Ridgewood for fresh, cheap CHEAP produce and traditional Polish goods.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Lots of Martha Stewart cupcakes. Maybe homemade ice cream?
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
-http://www.vegancrunk.blogspot.com -http://choosingraw.com -http://shenandoahvegan.blogspot.com
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
I really like just straight up chocolate.. Ritter Marzipan is badazz. Oh and Yummy Earth Organic hard candies are pretty tasty.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Vegan white chocolate chips?