Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mo-Fo Eleven, Vegan Heaven

I stole that from Greg. Borrowed it. Totally made it up myself.
Anyway, "seasonal flavors" are rocking the shelves - Pumpkin, gingerbread, and cranberry flavors are everywhere: Clif bars, beers, Sweet and Sara. It's funny, when you think about it because fall and wintery flavors are really the only ones that come out especially at a certain time. I guess the fall is more about spices than fresh fruits like you find in the bounty of spring and summer, and those are easier to approximate than actual foods. Hmm. But wouldn't a plum or peach flavored granola bar be amazing? Or a cherry-studded vegan marshmallow? Rainwater flavored beer?! Okay, maybe not.
Anyway, today's breakfast was inspired by "seasonal flavors" and all the gingerbread love that is about to be going around. Also I had some sketchy accidentally-vegan ginger cookies on the kitchen table that needed to be finished and NEVER TO BE BOUGHT AGAIN. Hence, gingerbread oatmeal:



She ain't too pretty but she sure was tasty. Oatmeal topped with plain soy yogurt, a chopped green apple, ginger cookie crumbs, ginger powder, cinnamon, and a little maple syrup. Yup! The ginger flavor actually wasn't too pronounced..nor was it very sweet. If I'd had some raisins, I'd put those in. I bet this also would have been good cooked with apple cider instead of water, but that's for next time.
This would be a pretty comfy Christmas morning meal.
Tonight I'm planning on cooking up a storm, so there will be another post later and I'll let you know who won the giveaway! Goo luck, yes, goo.

2 comments:

  1. There's oatmeal under all that? Looks like a nice dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it wasn't really sweet but I think it was definitely pretty hefty for a breakfast...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.