Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Veritable Vegan

Well, I did it. I signed up for VEGAN MOFO. You all know what it is.
I am moving at the end of the month and my gas may be turned off on the 19th so this will be a challenge but it will be possible and hopefully it will be fun for everyone. I hope this wasn't a bad idea.

Anyway, here's dinner and dessert from yesterday. Dinner was amazing. I still had a bunch of leftover chard that I really didn't want to have go bad so I steamed the bunch of it, made some mashed sweet potatoes in the meantime, and served it up, drizzled with what was an attempt at recreating Annie's Goddess Dressing: tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, thyme, black pepper, and a little maple syrup. It didn't really taste like Annie's but it was DAMN good on top of the veggies. Delicious Magic Hat HI.P.A. in the background AND a proof of Julie Hasson's upcoming (Mar. 2011) Vegan Diner!


Dessert was a pumpkin scone. Tasty, if I do say so myself.


Let's hope for more deliciousness in the month to come.

2 comments:

  1. I love Goddess Dressing on everything, but it never occurred to me to have it on a Sweet Potato! I can't imagine what that would taste like. Pretty scone close-up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.