Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, October 29, 2010

STRANDZIG Bake Sale #5

Like I've said before, G and I put together a arts+literary zine at work of all the employees' genius. To offset printing costs and general stress (on my part mostly, maybe. I think beer should definitely be part of our production costs), we hold a bake sale and hope people will be nice. I also like to have an excuse to bake alot.
This time around I made pumpkin scones, from Two Vegan Sisters. Mine came out SUPER dry (those measurements look a little weird) so I added a little bit of hemp milk. Oh and I burned the bottoms. Mine have white chocolate chips in them, and I added a glaze after they were done (not the one on their site) in hopes they would be moister. I haven't tried them, but Greg said they were good...



I made Hearty-Spiced Cocoa Muffins from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's Joy of Vegan Baking.

They had chocolate chips in them AND cayenne pepper among the spices! I've always wanted to bake cayenne with chocolate. I had originally planned to make mint brownies instead butt...
These look like they came out okay but two didn't come out of the muffin tin and I got angry and then they fell on the floor. I opened the beers after that.

I made Lemon Drops from Kris Holechek's 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes.

This kind of isn't a great picture, but they taste really good. I've made them before for work and my boss couldn't stop eating them. They're tiny but powerfully lemony and coated in confectioner's sugar. I put them three to a bag; that's what you see in the background.

AND lastly: another veganized Martha Stewart Cookie Book recipe (not that there aren't millions of already vegan recipes) for Iced Oatmeal Applesauce cookies.

I had fun icing these.

So, that's the sugary run down. I'll let you know how the sale goes.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's the best idea to put on the internet that you dropped some of the bake sale goods on the floor before hand...Anyway, I'd be willing to purchase some of the Ice Apple Sauce Cookies for a buck or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! The ones I dropped I actually DID throw out. I'm not that mean.
    Yeah, I'm actually pretty surprised but people really seemed to like the oatmeal cookies best. The simple things, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.