Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recuperated

So, like I said, I was pretty nauseous this morning so I didn't eat much until late in the day. Around 2 I went to Trader Joe's to get some things, and had another Toasted Nuts and Cranberry LUNA bar around 3. When I got home, I ate the last of our wilting salad and some mashed sweet potatoes with pesto I had made Monday night.




I don't make pesto often but I really like it. I added nutritional yeast into this batch (usually it's just basil, walnuts, and olive oil) and I think it made it taste really good.
Apparently I'm all about the dips these days because I also made some baba ganough. I used Jae Steele's recipe from Get It Ripe, which is a cookbook I like a lot but rarely use.

I didn't really taste much of it, except to test for seasonings and thickness. I'll have some tomorrow, I guess.

Finally, dinner. G and I made a fresh salad (Organic Girl 50/50, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, beet, carrot, zucchini, broccoli), so I had that topped with balsamic vinegar, nooch, and black pepper and a farmer's market tomato with more pesto.


Obviously my stomach is feeling better. No beer tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're recovered. Really impressive amount of veggies consumed yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! All of that goodneed is sure to cure what ails you, absolutely! I love pesto, too, and don't make it nearly as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.