Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Quick Vittles

Breakfast:

Whole Wheat wrap with Cranberry-Apple Butter from Trader Joe's and almond butter with bananas Lady French Press in the background.
I was super excited about the Cranberry-Apple butter, considering my obsession with TJ's pumpkin butter. This is much less sweet, which is a good thing taste-wise, but texture-wise, I expected it to be thicker. It might be a better addition to oatmeal than as a spread, but this was still pretty tasty.

Lunch:

THIS was a master of all salads, topped with sweet potato, black pepper and baba ganoush. I really like this baba if you can't tell. It and the sweet potato clumped the salad nicely together, even though that doesn't sound tasty - it means I got a good mouthful of everything in each bite. The only problem was that cold sweet potato is much less flavorful than it is when heated, but that's okay.
Also, the LARA bar. Good, as usual, but I should probably stop eating so many bars.

I was surprisingly hungry by the time work was over, but G and I saw Charles Burns speak at work about his new comic book, X'ed Out. It was really cool. Then, it being G's BIRTHDAY we went out to dinner to a vegetarian place, Quantum Leap. I got a Middle Eastern falafel burger with hummus, olives, and roasted peppers and grilled vegetables on the side. It was a lot of food, and I had to eat it in two shifts. But it was tasty.
I had another cupcake when I got home, too.
Lots of fiber, let me tell ya.

4 comments:

  1. Your stove must be super clean to just put the wrap right on it w/no plate. I haven't seen that Cran-Apple Butter at TJ's. Quantam Leap! You are so lucky! Happy Birthday to G. When do we see the bday cake?! You definitely get your fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's my kind of salad, loaded with lots of goodies! I'm seriously craving sweet potato, too... Perhaps I need to make a quick change to my lunch plans to include something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Cranberry Apple Butter - sounds delish. Your lunch looks so good, too. I would agree about cold sweet potato, but I think it's mostly in my head. I love loaded salads, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, haha my stove is definitely not that clean but I did use a really tiny plate underneath.
    Also, I thought of you, Shen with the olives and hummus!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.