Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Leftover Lunch Party

Because of all the dinner parties lately, my food for personal use has been a little lacking of late. I don't mean to make this sound like a complaint - to have the luxuries of dining with friends all the time would be great, but it means I'm eating a little less healthfully and that I'm spending more money on food than I already do (which is a lot.)
It also means fewer food photos, though mine aren't exactly anything special anyway. However, I did bring the last leftover stuffed pepper from Sunday's dinner party (that would be DP3 to you dirty minds out there) for lunch on Friday, so at least you get to see how they turned out. I threw it on top of some spinach because that never hurt anyone. The only hard part about eating this out for lunch was that I only brought a fork and had to jab and smush the pepper to get it into attackable bites.

Today I brought spinach for lunch, yes, just spinach but then my hunger got the better of me and I went out for pizza at a vegan/vegetarian pizza place near work, Viva Herbal. I got a Tuita Verde slice, which was HUGE and also hard to navigate...with my mouth. It was topped with green pepper, zucchini, spinach, broccoli and vegan pesto. I'm pretty sure it was on a spelt crust, too, which was really delicious. I added even more green by topping the HUGE did I mention HUGE slice with Tabasco green pepper sauce. I like it hot. I'm sorry I didn't even think to bring my camera, I was so anxious to get out for break.
This is not my photo but this is what it looked like:

Image Source
I also fiiiiinally bought a few vegetables after work, really only enough to get me through dinner: carrots and zucchini along with some hummus on sale and Triscuits.

So dinner was a MAD lot of crackers with hummus (the hummus was just okay but again - on sale!) and the spinach from lunch turned into the salad I've been eating of late: spinach, tomato, capers, onion, nooch, and balsamic vinegar. On the side is carrot and zucchini spears.

I am now drinking beer and hoping for the best with Umlaut 13.
Oh, PS - Scary Vegetables!

4 comments:

  1. I think Sabra is the best commercially available Hummus I've bought. Whole Food's Roasted Red Pepper is currently my favorite. It's only $1.99/container. So you might want to check it out. And that pizza slice looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of that pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've eaten pizza from that place before!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.