Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, August 30, 2010

It's a Problem

Two days in a row. I am cat-sitting for a few days, which is the only reason I am able to update.
I eat a LOT when I do things like this because I don't have my own belongings to occupy me so I just sort of roam, trapped, around other people's living spaces and end up in the kitchen because at least I know how those rooms work. I also ate a lot today because I treat not being home like a vacation in that I get to roam around and taste the "local cuisine." I am cat-sitting about 15 minutes from where I grew up so this is by no means exotic BUT this 'hood does have the best, freshest bagels I've had in Queens, a health food store (they were hiring when I stopped by today!) and a closer proximity to Trader Joes. These things all together give me a belly ache. Well, those things and my lack of self control.
I got up in the morning and got some bagels, some fruit, and non-dairy Tofutti cream cheese. I ate a cinnamon-raisin bagel with the cream cheese and a sliced banana, along with some water and coffee with soy milk that I brought from home in a pickle jar. This was enjoyed out on the fire escape! Do you see how easy it is for me to imagine this one day off is a vacation?! Outdoor eating! Crossword puzzle!

Check out the view:

I piddled around the house, somehow managing to eat another whole bagel.
I left to run some errands and blahdy blah, came home and ate lunch on guess what, another bagel. How have I not exploded at this point, you wonder?
Who knows. Lunch was an onion bagel with more fake cream cheese, lettuce, avocado, and tomato with a little black pepper.

It was tasty, but I was probably most concerned that it all just fit in my face. Ugh.
Read, roamed, did some onliney stuff and decided it was time for dinner.
This meal was a LITTLE more constrained, necessarily so. I picked up some raw vegetable medley from Trader Joe's and ate cauliflower, broccoli, and baby carrots with chipotle hummus and some Saltines (which I don't even like).

Then glommed way, way too many of these (delicious) gum drops while reading Jimmy Corrigan. It's good.


Ow.
G sent me an article about drinking and health which made me thirsty but I do NOT think my body could handle any alcohol right now. I really sicken myself sometimes. Sorry you all had to witness this. Ahh...check out the view?

Any guilty eats lately? Ones that lasted entire days? No? Just me? Oh.

3 comments:

  1. once my mom had gotten a whole dozen and a half bagels and me and my brother and a friend ate most of it while playing video games. she came home later and saw there were only a few bagels left and she was all like "Where did all the bagels go? were you just eating them like potato chips?" i said yeah, and then got a really bad stomach ache and now keep in mind that i should limit myself to one bagel a day. in short, i'm really impressed that you ate three whole bagels and i hope one of them wasn't supposed to be for me, because i want that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be impressed at my gluttony; be impressed that I actually saved three for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cream cheese and banana?! That's a new one on me. Why have I never thought of that. Where's a pic of the cat?

    I'm very excited about the drinking and health article.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.