Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4

Happy 4th of July and God Bless America, home of the 79 cent accidentally vegan crap you can buy in bodegas when you're having a sugar fit.


Here in America we also like to use plastic utensils because we're lazy. Because we can be. I do have to note that this made it into the house via my roommate, and I did wash and intend to reuse the fork. Also because I can.

Actually this potato salad (because that's what it is) is pretty good. It's yellow potatoes, beets, and parsley from the Farmer's Market with onion, Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar. Greg and I made it and brought it to a party yesterday. Most people didn't eat it but more for me.
I'm still trying to eat heavy-raw but that kind of ends up being a lot of raw food (an apple, a bar, some nuts, and some veggies today)...and then also a lot of not raw food so I'm just overeating in general. Blech.

I'm bitter because I'm bored, because I ate too much other stuff I didn't even bother taking a picture of, and other reasons.
Reading Barbara Ehrenreich's Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America and browsing for jobs. Window-shopping, really. Ugh. I hope you all are imbibing something cold and having a good day.

3 comments:

  1. "Uncle Al" eh? I wouldn't trust his duplex cremes if I were you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know! Even Uncle Sam would be a little more appropriate. They were gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July to you! Have fun with your cookies, haha they look sketchy :P

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.