Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, July 19, 2010

Eating Yr Greens, Every Which Way

Halloo! Despite the heat, I am in a good mood ironically because I used my oven. The Sierra Nevada Kellerweis is probably also playing a part.
Like I said, my mother came back from vacation with a lot of farmer's market produce for me, including an eggplant. Though I am trying to eat high-raw, people seem to be on the fence about whether or not it's good to eat eggplant raw. And anyway, everyone knows that roasted eggplant is crazy delicious. I also had some asparagus that was about to go bad, so I chopped up the both of them, along with some sliced onion and chopped garlic (of course), tossed them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper and roasted them (oy!) in the oven at 350 for...I don't know how long. Until they were done.

While those were cooking, I sweated and stirred making Lindsay's zucchini muffins, which I've had on my mind since I saw the recipe. I love that all of her stuff is low-fat and no oil. I also love zucchini! It was also nice that I had all the ingredients for these muffins and didn't have to run and get anything special.
Finally, everything was cooked, baked, washed, drying, and the roasted vegetables had cooled (I might be crazy enough to turn on the oven but not enough to then eat the vegetables hot). I threw together an easy, easy small salad with the roasted vegetables and spinach. A carrot on the side for the vitamins and hell of it.

Damn that fork looks huge.
Then I ate a muffin. They were tasty, for sure, but they sort of stuck to the baking cup. This obviously is not the worst thing that could happen. I was planning to bring them to work tomorrow to share, but I usually share my more indulgent baking endeavors and I don't know who would appreciate the muffins. I'll probably bring them anyway, even if G is the only one who cares. I'm just happy to be baking again.


Good food today. Breakfast was coffee, blueberries, and some carrot-ginger "galletas" my sister had made (cookies for breakfast AND WHAT!). Lunch was a carrot, half a zucchini, and half a tomato. Mostly I drank a damn lot of water.
I'm sorry there are no pics from the dinner party; I was having too much fun to think of it, but I think it went really well! Best so far, maybe.
Cheers.

5 comments:

  1. You are so enthusiastic about your love of veggies! Are there any you don't like? I don't like Eggplant, Beets or Okra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegetables are pretty great; I honestly can't think of any I don't like, but I might not be trying too hard. I've never had okra - I've heard it is weird, but I still want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude! Vegetables are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny - that's what I do sometimes with my kids and the carrot - when I need them to have a vegetable, but I don't have time to do anything else. :) Thanks for entering my giveaway! I'm "following" you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would appreciate one of those muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.