Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Over the teeth, Past the gums...

Look out stomach, here it comes. Color that is. I got a digital camera so this will be more fun.
The weather is gorgeous but I can't make myself run.
Lun, dun, bun
Oh - close to buns, kind of, a guy from work is leaving. I made bagels for him (and the rest of the folks at work because he is always talking about them. I made: plain, pistachio, flax-molasses, and cinnamon-raisin. It was my first time making bagels and they really aren't hard - they're kind of fun, actually, but I tried a flax-molasses one, and they were a bit um...yeasty? Also the yeast didn't proof much but I plodded ahead. Anyway, I got some vegan cream cheese and left half plain, and added garlic cand chives to half so maybe it'll cover the taste. Texture-wise I'm pretty pleased.
I've been making a lot of new stuff, actually. Greg and I made an apple crumb cake from the Cafe Flora cookbook the other day, which was almost a disaster but we scooped out the un-cookable middle and put in in a muffin tin. The outer ring I sliced and am also bringing to work today. I tried that, too, and it was tasty and all but I'm glad to be getting rid of it because it was MAD sugar and shortening, even though we cut back in both respects.
I am definitely gaining some horrible weight and eating some terrible food. Pre-Easter detox and plan will come. Until then, viva la carbs.

Edited to add:

These are the flax-molasses bagels with cinnamon raisin ones in the back
And Greg's famed pistachio bagels:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and I'll call you back.